○ American Invitational Math Examination Award, 1994
○ Summa Cum Laude, GPA 4.0, Bachelor of Science — University of Maryland College Park, 2000
○ Doctor of Medicine — University of Maryland School of Medicine, 2004
○ Internal Medicine Internship and Residency — Penn State Medical Center, 2008
○ Endocrine Fellowship, Research Focused — Penn State Medical Center, 2011
○ Author and coauthor of several medical articles, 1998-2017
○ Involved in research projects at National Institutes of Health (NIH), Walter Reed Army Medical Center, University of Maryland Baltimore, and Penn State Hershey Medical Center, 1994-2011
○ ABIM board certified in Internal Medicine, 2008
○ ABIM board certified in Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, 2011
○ Certified Clinical Hypertension Specialist — American Society of Hypertension, June 2016
○ Certified Clinical Lipid Specialist — American Board of Clinical Lipidology, October 2018
○ 1 of the 3 physicians in the U.S.A. to be certified in Diabetes, Hypertension and Dyslipidemia.
○ Main clinical interest is METABOLIC SYNDROME and its related conditions, such as diabetes, hypertension, dyslipidemia, obesity, insulin resistance, thyroid dysfunction, polycystic ovarian syndrome, low testosterone, and hormonal imbalance.
○ My mission as a physician is to apply evidence-based medicine, tailored to patients’ needs — by developing a meaningful partnership via trust, understanding, and education.
○ My patients should expect a compassionate and thorough discussion on diagnosis, management, and treatment.
○ Hobbies include fitness, football, J.S.Bach music, history and keeping up with recent medical research and literature. I frequently posts new clinical findings online (www.GertiTashkoMD.com)